Do you suffer from chronic back pain? Medical research indicates that many patients with chronic spinal pain suffer from spinal musculature weakness. This can lead to many conditions such as herniated discs, facet syndrome, and degenerative joint disease. A strong spine provides a strong foundation and healthy spaces between your vertebrae, which helps prevent spinal compression.
We can help you regain your spinal musculature strength with our MedX Lumbar Rehab machine. This machine provides lasting relief from chronic back pain by isometrically testing your range of motion and actively reconditioning your spinal musculature through isolated strengthening exercise.
MedX Lumbar Rehab Machine Features
- Resistance over a full range of isolated lumbar motion, or over a selected limited range
- Isometric testing every 3° within a patient's range of motion
- MedX software the plots a strength curve to compare the patient's strength and range of motion to established norms
- The ability to assess and factor out the torque of both torso and mass, as well as stored energy (tissue compression and/or joint elasticity) at each angle tested
- Various report generation for individual patients and selected patients groups or categories for outcome tracking purpose
- Decrease pain levels
- Restore spinal function
- Improve quality of life and independence
- Decrease the need for on-going spinal care
How does it work?
The MedX Lumbar Rehab machine provides resistance over a full range of isolated lumbar motion (72 degrees) or a selected limited range. In exercise mode, a compound weight stack provides from 10 to 400 foot-pounds in increments of one foot-pound.
Isometric testing occurs every 3 degrees within the patient’s range of motion. During the test, the MedX software plots a strength curve so that we can compare your strength, weight and range of motion to age and gender-matched norms. It also detects any lack of reasonable effort.
An adjustable counterweight eliminates torso mass. Stored energy (tissue compression and/or joint elasticity) can then be assessed and factored out each angle tested.